Monday, June 20, 2011

Make a Summer List

I've been absent from this space for far too long.  We've had a lot going on in "real life" and I'm finally finding my balance again.  The last few months have been only about getting through one day at a time, and I'm so glad to finally be in a place where I can start to plan again.  And since I am totally and completely a list making person, I give you the Summer List that E and I created this week!

My main goal for the summer is to get outside as much as possible.  All kids NEED to play outside, and E needs a bit of encouragement to get out there.  I'm working on it. 

In no particular order, our list includes:

Learn to sew
Learn to draw
Go to the carnival  we checked that one off the list already!  
Go on a hike every week
Keep a nature journal
Make a collage
Raise caterpillars
Paint
Make s'mores
Go camping with Grandma and Grandpa
Cook in the kitchen
Build a fairy garden
Make smoothies
Learn to read  this one is straight from the three-year-old's mouth . . . we'll see!
Go to the pool every week
Go to the farmer's market
Pick strawberries
Grow a garden  in progress!
Learn to write E's name
Learn to swing alone
Go fishing
Fly a kite
Plant sunflowers
Go to the zoo

I'm sure we'll find more to add to our list.  I put it up on our fridge so we can remember the things we want to do and learn this summer.  I'm thinking we need to make a list like this for each season!

1 comment:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Building a fairy garden sounds perfect!

Great list!

Kerri